In this article you will learn how to create registration forms for capturing any additional information you require
When your customers choose to register or pay for a product they will be required to create a Joinin account - Joinin is the brand name your customers will know LoveAdmin as.
As part of this sign-up process, Joinin requires people to enter a set of personal information, and these personal details will be shared with you at all times.
Registration fields you create therefore should exclude requests for personal information already being captured by the system; for example requests for names, addresses, dates of birth and emergency contacts.
A list of personal information already captured by LoveAdmin is as follows:
- First Name
- Last Name
- Date of Birth
- House Number
- Post Code
- Medical information
- Emergency contacts
Additional Registration Fields & Internal Information
There are two types of data sets that can be created, Additional Registration Fields and Internal Information.
The difference is:
- Additional Registration Fields - These are public forms to be completed by your contacts on registration or when paying an invoice. The data here is owned by your contact and is not editable by your administrators.
- Internal Information - These are internal forms to be completed by your administrators within the contact's record. The data is not visible or editable by your contacts.
Creating a registration form
Note: Internal Information forms are created in the exact same way as standard registration forms, except that they are seen and answered by your administrators. They cannot be read or completed by contacts. They are commonly used for injury report forms or tracking expiries for qualifications.
Navigate to Home > Settings > Data > Data Sets
The Data Sets section allows you to create additional registration fields that people will be asked to complete during a product registration or purchase.
Tip: Some examples of additional data fields are:
- British Gymnastics Registration Number
- FAN Number
- Do you have any previous convictions?
- How did you hear about us?
- Click on the + icon to create a set of additional registration fields (a data set)
- Enter the name for this data set in the Description field, such as Club Registration Form
- Use the Toolbox in the left to add the type of field most suitable and edit the field and label as needed. To make a field Required,
Your form can be created and managed by going to Data sets and selecting either Additional Registrations Fields or Internal Information.
The form builder uses a drag and drop interface; drag the field you require on the right over to the form on the left.
Once you have created your forms, you can link these to your products under the product registration settings or under 'associate with' on the right hand side of page.
Personal information and all completed forms and consents are under each contact. You can find this information by heading to the Contact tile.
Associating the Form with a Product
Once you've created this form, you can associate the form to your products from the same page. This will mean that anyone signing up to that product will be asked to complete the questions:
- Navigate to Settings > Data > Data Sets
- Next to "Additional Registration Fields", click the small arrow, then select the form you've created.
- On the right side of the page on desktop or bottom of the page on mobile, you'll see a box marked "Associate with". In here, choose the products you need members to complete the form for.
Here, the form is associated with the London Classes group and all members signing up for these classes will be asked to complete the registration form.