In this article you will learn how to manually add new contacts to your system
Note: Remember that a majority of your members will be signing themselves up through your joinin shop and will not need to be added manually. If you're looking for help with this, please view our article on linking to your shop here.
There are times when you may need to manually create a new contact on your system, such as a new member or administrator:
- Navigate to Home > Contacts
- Click on the 'Add Contact' button in the top-right
- Select the type of contact you are creating
- The contact - The contact is a user who can sign in to joinin. Typically this may be an adult member or parent
- A contact with a guardian - Choose this option to add a contact with a beneficiary. Typically this is adding a child with their guardian, or adding a child to an existing guardian's account
- An offline contact - You can create an offline contact which allows you to manage their contact information on their behalf. The contact will be unable to sign into joinin
- Staff member - To create a staff contact and assign a role, such as admin, manager or coach.
- Fill out the personal information as required
- This can be updated later by the contact and any fields left blank will be completed by the contact when they sign in for the first time
- Send invitation link - tick this to send an invitation email to the contact
- If the invitation link is not sent, the contact can still be invoiced or can sign up through the shop. If they already have a joinin account, they will not appear in your contact list until an invitation is accepted
- Click Submit to finish.
Note: There is also an option to import existing members into LoveAdmin. This is usually done with our help. You can view the full article on member imports here.