In this article you will learn how to create schedules for your activities
Schedules are assigned to all class, event and team products and tell LoveAdmin when they run. Without a schedule, these products will not have selectable dates.
- You can use a single schedule to manage all of your days and times for a product
- You can have multiple schedules for the same product if you need to run in multiple locations, or certain days have different capacities.
There are many options available to help you run recurring schedules, custom one-off schedules and to manage dates when you don't want sessions to run.
Creating or Editing a new schedule
- Navigate to Home > Settings > Schedules
- Click on the 'Add schedule' button in the top-right to begin setting up your schedule
- To edit, click the edit schedule icon . The instructions will be the same as below.
- Complete your schedule as necessary and click "save" (all fields need to have been completed)
Tip: You can save time creating new schedules by copying an existing schedule.
You schedule will be applied to that product and will generate sessions based on the information you created. You can adjust schedules later by returning to it and editing it. There are situations where you can't change various parts of the schedule as contacts have already purchased it, but the system will alert you of that.
Cloning an expired/deleted Schedules
On the Archived tab you can also save time creating new schedules by cloning an expired/deleted schedule.
- Navigate to Home > Settings > Schedules
- Click on the 'Archived' schedules tab
- Schedule Name - Add a suitable name for the schedule, such as 'Summer term activities' or 'Recreational gymnastics ages 5-6' - This is an internal name reference only and will not be displayed publicly in your shop
- Product - A schedule can only be linked to one product and this will be set automatically.
- Status - Set whether the schedule is visible in the store or not. Public schedules can be seen, private cannot, depending on other settings. Use this to quickly hide schedules from the store
- Session duration - This will calculate the end time
- Day and time settings - Define the days of the week and times your class/event runs on. If a class/event runs at the same time on multiple days, you add these into the 'Day' field
- If you've selected the "Custom Schedule" tab, you'll be able to choose specific dates
Tip: If a class runs at the same venue and has the same fixed price for all days, then you only need to create one schedule for all its days and times.
If you want to add a new time to an existing schedule, simply add an additional time and day and click save here.
- Recurrence (appears under the recurrence tab)
- Repeat every week(s) - How often do the sessions repeat
- Starting - The start date of the schedule
- Until - the end date of the schedule
- or after occurrence(s) - how many sessions (total) to create on this schedule
- The occurrence figure considers each session as "1" occurrence, meaning: if you have 4 sessions - one on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, respectively:
- an occurrence will run on each of the 4 days, once.
- Choosing an occurrence figure of '20' will run each day (Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday), five times
- Rolling schedule length (days) - A rolling schedule allows your schedule to renew indefinitely. The schedule will ensure this many days of session available at all times
- Rolling schedules are recommended for schedules that are continuous and have no expected end date
- There is a default minimum value for a rolling schedule and the system will enter this if you choose a number that is too low
- Where - Choose the address that your schedule applies to and type in a more specific location
- You can set up multiple schedules for the same product to manage multiple addresses
- Overrides & Misc. - Choose whether you wish to override any of the product settings from within the schedule:
- Deny Trial - Prevents any trial options for appearing for this product
- Max Capacity - Override the max capacity set in products
- User can choose start date - If checked, people can choose when in the schedule they want to start attending when they register
- Advance days shown in shop - Choose how many days in advance of the start date this schedule appears in the shop
Exclusions allow you to define closed periods in your schedules. Excluded dates will not generate sessions.